This statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that AXL UK Couriers LTD has taken and is continuing to take to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. AXL UK Couriers LTD has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery. We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
As a courier company AXL Couriers UK LTD work in the sector of local, national and international deliveries. We as a company also outsource non direct drive work out to other 3rd parties for national and international jobs.
Our people and the excellent customer service which they provide on a daily basis are at the core of our business. We believe that all workers should provide their services voluntarily and that they should receive a fair rate of pay for their work.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
1. Anti-slavery policy. This policy sets out the organisation’s stance on modern slavery
and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
2. Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
3. Whistleblowing policy. We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
4. Code of business conduct. This code explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our employees and suppliers to act.
AXL UK Couriers LTD operates a supplier policy and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier. This due diligence includes an online search to ensure that particular organisation has never been convicted of offenses relating to modern slavery [and on site audits which include a review of working conditions]. Our anti-slavery policy forms part of our contract with all suppliers and they are required to confirm that no part of their business operations contradicts this policy.
In addition to the above, as part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they confirm to us that:
1. They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business
2. They hold their own suppliers to account over modern slavery
3. (For UK based suppliers) They pay their employees at least the national minimum wage / national living wage (as appropriate)
4. (For international suppliers) They pay their employees any prevailing minimum wage applicable within their country of operations
5. We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light]
We regularly conduct training for our procurement/buying teams so that they understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within our supply chain.
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
• No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.]
AXL Couriers UK LTD is committed to operating in a responsible and sustainable manner. Throughout all aspects of our business operations we will implement measures to understand and manage all core stakeholder relationships so that our business functions in a manner that is effective, efficient and ethical whilst seeking to enhance our social, environmental and economic impact.
This statement outlines our commitment to customers, the environment, our employees and the communities within which we operate.
Our customers are our priority. Our customer relationships are based on the values of honesty and integrity. We will not engage in unethical advertising, marketing and sales practices. We will listen to customers to enable us to improve our service delivery.
We recognise that operating in the transport sector we have a significant part to play in reducing our negative impact on the environment. We carefully plan and model our schedules to achieve route optimisation, best use of our available resources and reduce our Co2 emissons. We are committed to a waste recycling scheme, this includes shrink wrap, paper, cardboard, scrap metal and ink cartridges. All employees are trained and compliant in actively ensuring recyclable products are discarded appropriately.
Our business is only as good as our people and we strive to promote staff engagement across all company levels. We ensure staff facilities are maintained to a high standard and offer more than adequate resources to all employees at every level of the business. We actively focus on talent management and are keen on providing career development and progression from within.
We are committed to providing opportunities and support to the local and wider community. All recruitment opportunities are made available to the local community by various methods of advertising.
24/7 365 days a year.
Mon -Fri 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
All other times - out of hours